MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate or equivalent required; Certified Medical Office Assistant preferred; Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least one year in a health care setting preferred; Experience using an Ambulatory EMR and Practice Management System preferred.
FUNCTION: The Clinical Assistant performs patient care activities in the office practice under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Team Leader and/or practicing physician.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential responsibilities of the Clinical Assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs basic patient assessment, reviews patient history and current medications and enters information in patient's medical record
- Secures paitent information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safe-guarding medical records; keeping patient information confidential
- Performs specific specialty procedures and tests on patients as directed by physician
- Reports all changes in patient's condition to health care provider
- Performs instrument and room cleanup following patient discharge
- Ensures a safe, clean, and orderly environment for patients
- Aids in maintaining supplies and clinical emergency equipment
- Ensures exam rooms are properly stocked
- Performs other job related duties as needed under direct supervision of physician.